Saturday, October 2, 2010

Art In The Park, Sierra Vista, Arizona, 10/02/10

My parents with John Vaughn, the sculptor.

Art In the Park is one of the things that Sierra Vista has gotten right!  It’s a well organized, large scale, open air art festival, with artists from all over the Southwest.  Today was a perfect day for it too – not hot, a bit on the cloudy side with bits of blue popping up every now and again.  When we first arrived, there was a sprinkle of rain but it passed quickly. 
The sculpture pictured here was made by a friend of my brother Joe.  I took the shot pretty much off the cuff with my point and shoot Kodak camera,  then added a few flourishes with the Topaz Adjust and Topaz Detail filters. 
There was a lot of good work on display - I was surprised at how many more photographers were represented, some of them very, very good.

Sculptural_Skull
One of John Vaughn's sculptures - Was a perfect match for the
dark clouds today! see my NAPP Portfolio here

  

No comments:

Post a Comment